What Information Do We Collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter or fill out a form. When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address or mailing address. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
The Information We Collect About You
We may collect the following categories of personal information about you:
- Identifiers such as your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, date of birth, account log-in;
- Online identifiers such as IP address, unique device identifiers (e.g., MAC address)
- Internet and network information, such as browsing history or your interaction with a website
- Commercial information, such as your purchases of our products
- Financial information, such as payment card information
- Geolocation data, for example, information that can be used to determine a device's physical location.
The Information We NOT Collect About You
- Characteristics of CA or Federal Protected Classifications: For example, age (40 and over).
- Sensitive personal information: We do not collect sensitive personal information from you, as defined under Virginia law.
- We do not collect: biometric information, professional or employment related information, or education information, precise geolocation, racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, or union membership; contents of a consumer's mail, email, and text messages (unless we are the intended recipient of the communication); genetic data; biometric information for the purpose of unique identification; health information; or information concerning sex life or sexual orientation.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience
(your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website
(we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service
(your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions
- Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails
- The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information).
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We do not sell or share personal information categories from cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e), characteristics of California or Federal Protected Classification, commercial information, sensory or surveillance data, professional or employment related information, education information, or profile data.
Children under the age of 13
Our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information to or on this Site or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us in one of the ways provided in the contact information section.
James River Armory follows all federal and state laws regarding minimum age for all firearms sales.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Your Virginia Privacy Rights Retention Periods
Virginia law provides Virginia residents with the rights listed below. To exercise these rights, see the "Exercising Your Virginia Privacy Rights" section below.
Right to Access: You have the right to confirm whether we process certain personal information and to request access to that personal information.
Right to Delete: You have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected about you.
Right to Correct: You have the right to correct inaccuracies in your personal information that we have collected, taking into account the nature of the personal information and the purposes of the processing of your personal information.
Right to Portability: You have the right to obtain a copy of your personal information we have collected in a readily usable and transferable format in order for you to transmit the information to another business. You may only exercise this right for the personal information we collect through automated means.
Right to Opt-Out: While you have the right to opt-out of the selling of your personal information,
because we do not share your personally identifying information to third parties for marketing purposes, there is no provision to opt-out, as opt-out is the default.
EXERCISING YOUR VIRGINIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
To exercise your rights to Access, Delete, Modify, Correct, or request Portability, you must send us a Qualified Written Request, to the email address found on the "Contact Us" page.
Once we receive your request, we will verify the information you provided by matching the information that we have collected. If we cannot authenticate your request, we may ask for additional information from you. If you are unable to provide additional information, or we are unable to authenticate the request using commercially reasonable efforts, we may deny your request. If we are able to authenticate the request, we will respond to your request within 45 calendar days.
As a Virginia resident, you have the right to appeal our refusal to take action on, or respond to, a verified consumer request. Upon receipt of our denial or refusal to take action on, or to respond to, a verified consumer request, a Virginia resident has 90 days to submit a request to appeal our decision by replying to our email that rejected, in whole or in part, your initial request. Within 60 days of the receipt of your appeal request, we will inform you in writing of any action taken or not taken in response. We will also include a written explanation of the reasons for our decision.
We retain information for different periods of time depending on the purposes for which we collect and use it. We will delete or de-identify information when it is no longer needed to fulfill the purposes listed for each category above, unless a longer retention period is required to comply with applicable laws. There may be technical or other operational reasons where we are unable to fully delete or de-identify your information. Where this is the case, we will take reasonable measures to prevent further processing your information.
This policy was last modified on 08.16.2023